Arts and Entertainment
Annual Art Events
- Photography Show - March. Features local photographers in two separate shows: the Bosque County Show and the Bosque Student Show (K-12). Held at the Bosque Arts Center.
- Big Event - April. This annual fundraiser has become a two-day event featuring a concert on one night, and live auction and dinner on the second night. This event sets the annual budget for the Bosque Art Center’s operations and maintenance of its historic building.
- Bosque Valley Artisans Show & Sale - May. Features artworks such as sculpture, fiber arts, metalwork, woodwork, ceramics, pottery and more by local artists. Held in downtown Clifton.
- Imagination Factory - June. A week-long day art camp for kids who have completed 1st-5th grades. Held at the Bosque Arts Center.
- Bosque Art Classic - September. A national judged and juried art show and sale. Includes Oil/Acrylic, Pastel, Drawing, Sculpture and Water Media. Held at the Bosque Arts Center.
- Bosque Art Club Show - October. In conjunction with Fall Fest, the Bosque Art Club hosts an annual art show and sale including a student show. Held at the Clifton Civic Center.
- Arts of Christmas - December. In conjunction with the Country Christmas Home Tour. Find one-of-a-kind handmade gifts and treats at the Bosque Arts Center.
Museums In and Around Clifton
- Bosque Arts Center (BAC) Tin Building Theatre (TBT) - a community run dinner theatre with a full season of family-friendly comedies and dramas.
- BAC TBT Youth Theatre - a youth theatre focused on educating children while producting their own play.
- BAC Civic Music Association - holds a bi-monthly meeting with a concert open to the public.
- Bosque County Chorale - holds concerts in the Spring, Fall and Winter.
- Performing Arts Academy - Dance classes for all ages.
- CLIFTEX Theatre - The oldest continually running movie theater in Texas. Newly renovated and showing the latest releases.
Music is a strong part of the culture of Clifton. Clifton High School boasts one of the top high school bands in the state. Featuring a full marching band, jazz band, ensemble and solo groups, the band offers free concerts to the community in winter and spring. Local churches feature musical and choral presentations throughout the year.
Clifton Main Street offers residents free outdoor concerts during Plaza Nights, held in the center of town at Heritage Plaza during the summer months.
McLennan Community College, Baylor University, and Hill College host a variety of musical and choral performances.
Regional Theatre Opportunities
Waco Civic Theater, McLennan Community College, Baylor University, and Hill College offer performances year-round.